Finally finished!

The past few months have been a little crazy!  I finally finished the Kal I have been working on and a few other projects.  Lets see, a snowman washcloth (Kal), a dress for my daughter, a few small quilts, a pillow, a tote bag for a friend, and new paint on seven worn out plastic Adirondak chairs for the porch and the yard. 

The Kal turned out to be a snowman...so cute!  I don't know if I can actually use it.  I didn't get in on her February KAL, but I am working on her March Kal. (I think it's an Easter Basket)   Go to KrisKnits.com if you want to join in.  A lot of fun!  I taught myself how to knit and following these KAL's are a great way to start knitting small projects. 

Ok, on to the dress for my daughter.  I think she was a little surprised that I could actually make something she could wear! I am so thankful she likes it!  It was really nice working on this with her...nice bonding time.

We had a lot of laughs together! 

Now the quilts.  The first one is quilted on a beach towel, the other two are small lap quilts.  Very basic patterns, but you gotta start somewhere, right?  Last summer I made a baby quilt for my great neice and that got the quilting bug started.  Who knows what I will be making by next summer. 

Can't wait to use this one on the beach!  I can see it now chillin under an umbrella, reading a good book, actually relaxing!  Ahhh!




Ok, pillow and tote bag.  The pillow I put together with a few fabric scraps and the tote bag is for a friend to carry her Bible and study books. 

And last, but not least...the tired Adirondak chairs.  I painted these chairs last summer with plastic paint, but it didn't last very long.  The orange one pictured here was the best of last years paint job, the others barely had any paint left on them.  They started peeling and chipping right away.  So, this summer I decided to use just regular spray paint.  I lightly sanded, primed, painted and let them bake in the sun.  I hope it works, or at the very least last a little longer that last summer. 



Well thats it my last couple of month in one blog post.  I really hope to post more often and not cram in all into one post.

Comments

  1. Great pojects that you have completed!!! You have been one busy crafter ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment